7.05.2012

Easy Hemming Tutorial

If there is anything I hate dislike doing, that would be jean shopping! Why do I dislike it so much? Well, I am short so every time I try on jeans I have the issue where they remain too long and it drives me crazy. Especially when it rains and the whole bottom get wet and then they start to tear....ugghhh!

If you've ever felt this way, then I have the perfect solution for you using this easy peasy hemming tutorial. It literally takes like 10 minutes to do. This is the easiest way to hem your pants keeping the original hem.

What you'll need for this tutorial is:
-Sewing Machine
-Pins
-Scissors
-Iron

What you will need to do first is try on the pair of jeans/pants and fold the pant leg up to the desired size that you would need it to be at (as seen below) and then bring it up about 1/2'' more.
Next go ahead and pin it to hold it in place.
Now sew right below the original hem (see below)


 Once you're done you will see the new hem as seen below in black.
What you do next is cut right below the new hem line. This will help to remove all of the excess fabric. Try to cut as close to it as possible.
 This is what it looks like when it's all cut (see below)
 Now just unroll the new hem and iron it flat.

Voila...just like new!


No comments:

Post a Comment