1.18.2012

Decorating the New Place

Finally! Our last piece of furniture was delivered today. I am excited about decorating my new place and making it cozy with less decorations but the wow factor obviously in place.

I've been working on a lot of DIY's around the house to try and make the most of furniture and decorations we already had rather than giving them away or donating them. For example, this is a table that was given to me so I upcycled it by painting it and adding the glass to it, which it didn't have.
Before: Bronze Metal Table
After: Black Metal Table
Here it is pieced with my new dining room set.
On the empty wall I found an idea of what I want to do with a few canvases to make one big picture. I think my husband and I are going to attempt to paint our own...
Isn't it gorgeous? Wow! Blows my mind!

Last week we got our leather sectional, which I am currently trying to find decorative pillows for. I am looking for some solid colors and some decorative peacock pillows to go in front of the solid ones. I also need to change my pillar candles since I am no longer going to decorate in the red and burnt oranges I had planned to do.
My new leather sectional


I have all of these ideas in my mind of what I want to do with my new decor. I want to use all of the peacock colors to decorate between my living room and dining room.

I went shopping this weekend at Pier 1 Imports and found a bunch of new items that have the peacock colors. For one thing they had this peacock diffuser, which I loved. HOWEVER...I did not want to pay $30 for it!
So I decided that I was going to make my own (cost me about $5 or less to make)....and here it is...voila!

Much nicer I'd have to say, especially for the value. I purchased the glass and the diffuser reeds at Wal-mart. The rest of the items I had on hand.

This is what I want to do to create the centerpiece of the dining room table with wine bottles of different heights. The one on the lobster is one of the bottles I have, along with a few others to start this project with. Maybe this weekend I will get a head start. I'm planning on painting them different colors, but of course with the peacock palette colors we are using.




Off to bed I go...this little head of mine has way too many ideas and I'm going to save them for the weekend. Nite nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment