12.11.2011

Fabric Beaded Necklace


I had this material on hand that really is for a curtain. I enjoyed the material so much since it has a natural sheen to it. I also had some large gold beads that I found rather difficult to put it into place of any accessory, it had been sitting in my bead box for about a year.

Figuring that this was the perfect opportunity to use it, I decided to make this fabric beaded necklace. I had a vintage pearl pin as well that had always called my attention and I was going to use it for a clutch, but it just looked great with this necklace...so voila!

Tools and Materials:
Sewing machine
Fabric of your choice
Thread
Sewing scissors
Chalk
Yardstick
Look Turner (or safety pin)
1-inch wooden beads

How To:
1. Use a thin piece of fabric (preferably silk or rayon).

2. Cut fabric so that the length is 55 inches and the width is 5 inches. (If your fabric isn't long enough, piece together two swatches to make the right length.)

3. Sew the sides of the fabric together to form a tube. Leave ends open.

4. Take a loop turner and turn tube inside out. (Or using a safety pin, to turn fabric inside out).

5. Take a 1-inch wooden bead and slide the bead to the center of the tube.

6. Hold the bead tightly to mark the center. Tie a tight knot on each side of center bead. Repeat process until you have about 8 beads inside fabric.

7. Sew ends closed on sewing machine.

8. Leave enough fabric on the ends to tie it around your neck (about 11 to 12 inches total).



No comments:

Post a Comment