12.23.2011

Last Minute Gifts

Kids are finally sleeping and I'm enjoying some quality time with my husband doing what we both love to do...him drinking some wine and me baking/crafting.

It's so nice and peaceful right now so we're taking advantage that the kids are sleeping to wrap up the Christmas gifts and making some chocolate covered pretzels with red, white and green colored sprinkles. These are the final touches to the mugs I wanted to add. Easy peasy!

I decided to go to Michael's today and purchase a porcelain pen so that I can personalize the mugs. The directions on the pen state that you write on the mug and then you have to wait 24 hours for it to dry and then you put it in the oven at 325 degrees for 35 minutes.

Knowing me...and knowing that I am a procrastinator...24 hours of wait time before baking just doesn't work for me. I decided to give it a whirl and wait at least 3 hours. I let the stove preheat and then added the mug. This is a sample of one that I did for me as a sample. Then I ran it under cold water to test it and it was perfect!

I was a little disappointed however at the fact that I had originally bought a black porcelain marker and it was the only one available in the store and it did not work! Frustrating!! Guess I have to take another trip to Michael's to exchange it for a different color, perhaps red?!

Red Damask Coasters for the mugs.
White Chocolate Covered Pretzels
Milk Chocolate Covered Pretzels

Blank Mugs from Dollar Tree

My Mug "*Lisa*"
I have to take some pictures of the complete package when it's done.

I have 3 more gifts left to buy. It gets harder and harder each year to purchase gifts for the teenagers. They're all so different and like different things. What do you get a teenage girl? Well if you have any ideas, please let me know. I am trying to avoid the whole gift card thing because they're so impersonal. We'll see what we find tomorrow.

So have you finished your shopping? Are you missing any last minute gifts?

No comments:

Post a Comment