11.18.2011

Altered Books




What is an altered book: An altered book is any unloved book that is turned into a work of art.

I like to use hard cover books such as children's books in order to create my altered book. I usually just purchase my books at the Dollar Tree. You can finish books quicker this way, by using the thick paged children's books, if you're looking for a shorter less time consuming craft, but want to do something unique and special. You can really use any book you'd like by simply gluing interior pages together to create one page or by cutting pages out, etc.

To me an altered book in a sense is like scrapbooking, in that you get to add a lot of embellishments. I usually like to paint the pages or cover them in scrapbook paper in order to conceal the wording behind it.

There is no limit to what you can do with this project. You can paint it, stamp it, emboss it, color it with crayons & oil pastels, attach pockets and envelopes...(I'm out of breath here)....and so much more! It's all up to you and your imagination on this one.

The best thing about it is that there are NO RULES!





 



My Little Monster Altered Book  I am currently working on.
Inside of Monster Book

No comments:

Post a Comment